Facilitating Independence Building Comprehensive Opportunities
For over three decades, FIBCO Family Services, Inc. has been unwavering in its commitment to serving the most vulnerable populations in Phoenix. Established in 1986 by Dr. Warren H. Stewart, Sr., Senior Pastor of First Institutional Baptist Church, our organization has been driven by a profound sense of responsibility to provide essential resources and support to those in need.
Over the years, FIBCO Family Services, Inc. has witnessed firsthand the far-reaching effects of poverty, inequality, and limited access to basic necessities. This recognition has shaped our mission and inspired us to develop comprehensive programs and initiatives that directly address these issues.
“Our mission is to provide people with knowledge, skills and support to transform and empower their lives.”
Today, FIBCO Family Services, Inc. continues to fulfill that mission through a variety of programs and initiatives. Our organization focuses on five primary program areas:
1. Affordable food: We provide nutritious food options to individuals and families who may struggle to access healthy meals.
2. Clothing distribution: Our clothing distribution program offers high-quality clothing to community members in need.
3. Affordable housing: FIBCO offers safe and affordable housing to low-income individuals, including seniors, veterans, and those with mental or emotional challenges. We do not offer emergency housing or shelter services. FIBCO has several apartment communities that participate in the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) program. For more information visit our Programs tab.
4. African Immigrant and Refugee Support: We provide resources and support to African immigrants and refugees as they adjust to life in the United States.
5. Health and Healthcare: Our organization works to address healthcare disparities and improve access to care in underserved communities.
Through these efforts, we envision a community where every individual has equal opportunities to thrive, regardless of their background or circumstances. By striving for a stronger, more equitable community, we aim to create a society that is inclusive, compassionate, and resilient for generations to come.
We seek to be
of benefit to our
stakeholders and the
population we serve.
We treat all people with utmost
We strive to be without reproach and conduct our business with the greatest sense of responsibility,
We build the
the capacity of
the people we serve to become self-reliant and to emancipate them from their limitations.
Diversity & Inclusion
We engage and serve all people in our community irrespective of their backgrounds.